The meeting was called to order by President Summer Robertson.
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Date: August 4, 2016
Place: La Fronterra Restaurant, Baileyton, TN
- Mr. Woods, Band Director
- Kyle, Assistand Band Director
- Summer Robertson, President
- Michelle Miller, Vice President
- Melody Weidleman, Treasurer
- Angelique Gass, Secretary
- Louis Robertson
- Geoffrey Miller
- Tanya Jones
- Jamie Bartlett
- Connie Rosenbalm
- Nikki Pierce
- Beginning Balance: $3,652.01
- Ending Balance: $4,199.11
- Uniform Fund: $1,834.85
- Cash Fund: $140.00
- Total Assets on Hand at End of July 2016: $4,199.11
- Motion – Louis Robertson
- 2nd Motion – Geoffrey Miller
- All Approved
- Baileyton Days (September 9, 10, and 11, 2016) – Summer Robertson, President, turned Baileyton Days vendor form into Ms. Cooter. No motions required because fundraiser was previously approved.
- Color Guard Car Wash Fundraisers are listed below:
- June 11, 2016 – Start time is between 9:30 and 3:00 p.m. and run until after lunch.
- July 9, 2016 – Rescheduled. Date to be determined. Sydney and Charity checking on new dates.
- Hotbox – Goeffrey Miller is building a hotbox for the concession stand.
- Competition Shields/Backdrops – Angelique Gass donated the money for materials needed for the shields. Geoffrey Miller is donating time to build shields for competition program. Additionally, Geoff is asking his employer about donating money or wheels for back drops.
- Uniform jackets – Purchase two jackets, either black or gray, at $80.00 per jacket. The money will be used from the uniform fund.
- Motion – Summer Robertson
- 2nd Motion – Mr. Woods
- All approved
- Applebee’s Pancake Breakfast – November 12, 2016. There will be more information released closer to the fundraiser.
- Band Trailer Magnetic Sign – Melody is donating the sign for the trailer. A to Z Specialty Lettering is making the sign.
- Fundraising – Parents and members suggested many new fundraising ideas. Jamie to forward the fundraising list to Angelique Gass, Secretary, to forward on to Mrs. Weems, the North Greene High School Principal. Ideas include, but not limited to, Longaberger Basket sale, carnation sale at Valentine’s Day, spook-a-grams at Halloween, Christmas caroling by band members at Christmas, carnation sale at Homecoming, buy-a-link (longest chain by grade wins), 3 Minute Car Wash, stadium seat sale, rook tournaments, corn hole tournaments, chili cook-off, pancake breakfast at Applebee’s, antique car show, car wash at TA, and road blocks. Other fundraisers scheduled are the butter braids (spring), cheesecake in September, Krispy Kreme doughnut sale at Baileyton Days, and Yankee Candle sale in October or November instead of spring.
- Band T-shirts – Connie Rosenbalm making new shirts for the color guard.
- Uniform Fitting – Summer and Michelle will be fitting band with uniforms during 4th period on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Uniform Dress Pants – Purchase pants while on sale at JC Penney
- Motion – Michelle Miller, Vice President
- 2nd Motion – Mr. Woods
- All approved
- Final Band Shirt Order – Final shirt order is due by August 12, 2017. Connie Rosenbalm suggested in the future that we may want to use Google Forms for t-shirt orders.
- 2017 Spring Trip – Kyle provided options for the 2017 Spring Trip. Options include Walt Disney World (4D/3N) at $525.00 per person and Universal Studios (3D/2N) at $488.00 per person. See Kyle for trip details. Parents and Band Boosters suggested additional trip options for lodging to minimize the cost to students and parents. Parents and teachers tabled the discussion for another meeting that that will include the Executive Board and also the North Greene High School Student Body Officers.
Meeting adjourned at 7:10 p.m. unexpectedly with no motion.
Next meeting is Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. in the North Greene high School Band Room. Michelle Miller will takes the meeting minutes in Angelique Gass’s absence. All band parents are encouraged to attend. Minutes are respectfully submitted by Angelique Gass, Secretary.