North Greene High School
Band Booster Meeting Minutes for December 2016
The meeting was called to order by President, Michelle Miller.
Time: 6:00 pm
Place: NGHS Band Room
- Michelle Miller, President
- Angel Gass, Vice President
- Melody Weidleman, Treasurer
- Jamie Bartlett, Secretary
- Cherie Cain
- Marcia Phillippe
- Lisa Laughters
- Crystal Riner
- Tanya Jones
- Beginning Balance: $6602.10
- Ending Balance: $8260.69
- Regular account balance: $5760.60
- Uniform Fund: $2300.09
- Cash Fund: $200.00
Income from November activities of note:
- 10 for 10 fundraiser held 11-Nov-2016 = $2143.00
The cheesecakes and popcorn bill has not been paid, so the general fund reflects a higher balance.
There was no further discussion or questions regarding the Treasurer’s Report
- The Yankee candle fundraiser has been bumped to occur 03-17-Feb-2017. Last minute money must be in by 24-Feb-2016.
- The Middle School 10 for 10 has a date TBD.
- Lisa Laughters asked if we could do another popcorn fundraiser, as it was very successful.
- Angel Gass made a motion that we add popcorn to the Yankee Candle fundraising effort
- Crystal Riner seconded the motion.
- The motion passed unanimously.
- Nikki Pierce is working on a grant to assist with payment for new uniforms. No update at this meeting.
- Discussion was held about the meal to be served before the Christmas concert on 09-Dec-2016. Confirmation was made on which parent would be donating food and silent auction items. So far, auction baskets include those for car, cookie making, brownie making, coffee/cocoa, movie, Christmas, Bath and Body, Tax service, Coca Cola, as well as an afghan and 2 Christmas arrangements.
- The cakewalk previously discussed has been cancelled.
- Left over cheesecakes and donut cards will be on sale at the concert.
- There will be a table for parents to sign in as they arrive and provide their contact information.
- Two logos have been identified for the equipment trailer. The group will vote on which logo should be used at the January 2017 meeting.
- More discussion was held about having a parent liaison for each of the Middle Schools. The liaison would come to the band booster meetings and communicate information to the other middle school band parents. Jamie Bartlett is going to check with someone for West Pines and Baileyton. No parents were identified for Ottway, yet.
- There has been no update on the date of the banquet. We need to first confirm the date of graduation for NGHS.
- At the September meeting, it was discussed that it would be useful for the band boosters to use the Remind Me app. Mr. Woods to contact Mr. Rosenbalm to check on this possibility. This topic was not discussed at this meeting.
Spring Trip to NYC, 24-27-Mar-2017:
- 47 people have turned in their deposit for the trip, including Mr. Woods and Kyle.
- $2150.00 has been collected, to date.\
- No other discussion was held on the Spring Trip.
- No new business was discussed.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:08 pm.
Next meeting will be held on Thursday, 05-Jan-2017, at 6:00 pm in the NGHS Band Room. All band parents are encouraged to attend.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Jamie Bartlett, Secretary.