North Greene High School
Band Booster Meeting Minutes for February 2017
The meeting was called to order by President, Michelle Miller.
Time: 6:00 pm
Date: February 7, 2017
Place: North Greene High School Band Room
- Brandon Woods, Band Director
- Tanya Jones, President
- Angel Gass, Vice President
- Melody Weidleman, Treasurer
- Cherie Cain
- Marcia Phillippe
- Crystal Riner
- Beginning Balance: $15,589.64
- Ending Balance: $15,000.08
- Regular account balance: $8341.03
- Uniform Fund: $7048.61
- Cash Fund: $200.00
- Invoice(s) paid in January for popcorn and cheesecakes sold in the Fall.
- Melody to call Mr. Woods about a returned check of $41.00 for cheesecake. Mr. Woods to follow up with parent.
- Money being turned into Melody for upcoming Spring trip to New York.
- Spring trip room deposit to be paid by February 8, 2017 by Kyle.
- As of February 7, 2017, 87 students and parent s signed up for Spring trip.
- Melody to call Mr. Woods about a returned check of $50.00 (plus an additional $10.00 fee for returned check). Mr. Woods to follow up with parent.
- 10% of all fundraisers moving forward will go to the uniform fund.
There was no further discussion or questions regarding the Treasurer’s Report
High School Banquet
- Date: 06-May-2017.
- Union Temple FWB Church
- Motion – Mr. Woods
- 2nd Motion – Angelique Gass
- All Approved
- Capacity up to 350 people
- Use of venue – Donation
- Mr. Woods to notify church
- Catered by : Firehouse BBQ
- Mr. Woods to contact Michelle Miller on whether Firehouse BBQ was notified of date
- Menu: Pulled pork, Chicken, baked beans, green beans, and drink
- Additional foods discussed: Cole Slaw, Macaroni and Cheese, Desserts to be provided by Band Boosters
- Cost: $12.00 per person
- Pre-sale tickets (High School Students Not Required to Pay for Dinner) – Mr. Woods has form
- Theme: Decades
Middle School Banquet
- Date: 05-May-2017
- 3 sheet cakes are to be ordered (1 per school) from Food City
- Person to order cakes to be identified at March Band Booster Meeting
- Band Boosters to serve
- Servers to be identified at March Band Booster Meeting
- Band Boosters to donate/buy chips and drinks
- Remind Me App – The app was discussed in September. The app is tool that would be used as a communication source for band boosters. Mr. Woods was to follow up with Mr. Rosenbalm.
- The Yankee Candle fundraiser for high school will begin February 3, 2017 and the middle schools will begin February 10, 2017. All money must be turned in by February 26, 2017. Tonya and Angel will tally the orders on March 3, 2017.
- Person to submit order will be identified at March Band Booster Meeting
- The Middle School 10 for 10 will be conducted in early March. The date is to be determined.
- Ruritan dates have been received for Spring &Summer. The band boosters receive $150.00 each time they serve a meal during the Ruritan meeting.
- Thursday, June 15, 2017
- Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Menu: 3 vegetables, bread, dessert, sugar free dessert, drinks (regular and diet)
- Mandi Mitchell is the contact for the Ruritan. Jamie should have Mandi’s phone number.
- Krispy Kreme –
- Cards Remaining: 90 Krispy Kreme cards to sell
- Boosters paid $8.00 each for the cards and are trying to sell them for $15-16 each. There was conversation to sell at a lower cost. Any money obtained is all profit.
- Crissy to contact Wal-mart to set date.
- Discussed setting up tables in Johnson City/Kingsport at undetermined locations other than Wal-mart and/or ETSU.
Other fundraisers discussed for Spring:
- Butter Braids
- Date: April 7 through April 21, 2017
- Mr. Woods to contact Butter Braids representative to discuss fundraiser and turn-around time of butter braids.
- Band Booster to vote at March band booster meeting
- Tumblers – Mr. Woods had the proof for the design or the data to support the fundraiser. The boosters have not voted on the fundraiser.
- Road blocks – Baileyton allows 2 per year (Spring/Fall) and Greeneville allows 1 per year. The Chamber of Commerce needs to be contacted to set the date.
- Trailer Logo – Mr. Woods has the trailer logo design.
- Possible vendors: Marquee in Mosheim and Signs Plus
- Mr. Woods to contact Nikki Pierce before March meeting
- Trailer size: 160×59
- No vote has occurred on the logo
At the September meeting, it was discussed that it would be useful for the band boosters to use the Remind Me app. Mr. Woods to contact Mr. Rosenbalm to check on this possibility. This topic was not discussed at this meeting.
- Where: New York City
- Date(s): March 24 through 27, 2017
- 87 people have turned in their deposit for the trip, including Mr. Woods and Kyle. This number allows two buses to go to NYC.
- Payment schedule
- $100.00 due by 20-Jan-2017
- $120.00 due by 17-Feb-2017
- Remaining balance due 17-Mar-2017
- Meet at North Greene High School 12:00 a.m.
- Depart for New York at 1:00 a.m.
No other discussion was held on the Spring Trip.
- Concert Festival
- Date: March 23 through March 24, 2017
- Where: Niswonger Performing Arts Center (NPAC)
- When: To be determined
- Cost: $160.00 to $200.00 due week of February 6, 2017.
- Notes: We may or may not participate – Mr. Woods
- Spring Concert
- Date: April 27, 2017
- Where: Niswonger Performing Arts Center (NPAC)
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Trailer & Instruments: Jason Gass to pull trailer and instruments to NPAC
- North Greene High School Graduation
- Date: May 20, 2017
- Where: Tusculum College
- When: 12:00 p.m.
- Trailer & Instruments: Jason Gass to pull trailer and instruments to Tusculum College
- 501 (c)(3) – Membership is past due. This is required for tax exempt status. Melody to notify and pay membership fee.
- Trophy shelf – Mr. Woods to contact Lowe’s to see about them donating the materials needed for the shelf. A previous band member has offered to donate time to make more shelves. Mr. Woods may also ask about uniform donation during the call. Paint, wood, and mounting materials are needed. The Band Boosters will vote in March if there is a cost that needs to be paid by the boosters.
- Expenses – (previously budgeted)
- All State East – Greeneville High Schools – $192.00 – Melody to write a check
- Greene County Honor Band – West Greene High School – $300.00 – Melody to write a check
- Band shirt order forms rescheduled for August or September.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:10 pm.
Next meeting will be held on Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 6:00 pm in the North Greene High School Band Room. All band parents are encouraged to attend.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Angelique Gass, Vice President.