North Greene High School
Band Booster Meeting Minutes for March 2017
The meeting was called to order by President, Tanya Jones.
Time: 6:06 pm
Date: March 2, 2017
Place: North Greene High School Band Room
- Brandon Woods, Band Director
- Kyle Gorbski, Band Director Assistant
- Tanya Jones, President
- Angel Gass, Vice President
- Melody Weidleman, Treasurer
- Cherie Cain
- Marcia Phillippe
- Crissy Riner
- Samantha Brown
- Nikki Pierce
- Beginning Balance: $15,008.08
- Ending Balance: $20,260.62
- Regular account balance: $12,832.01
- Uniform Fund: $7,228.61
- Cash Fund: $200.00
- Money being turned into Melody for upcoming spring trip to New York.
- Spring trip room deposit paid February 8, 2017 by Kyle Gorbski.
- Broadway tickets purchased in April by Kyle. Cost of tickets were $4,500.00.
- As of February 7, 2017, 87 students and parents signed up for spring trip.
- 1 deposit returned
- 3 people to pay with income tax – no money received as of March 2, 2017
- 20 people have paid only the deposit as of March 2, 2017
- Mr. Woods and Kyle to follow up with parents
- There was a discussion that several students are signed up for New York trip but they have yet to pay for Fair Shares, Music Doctor, and so forth.
- Melody to call Mr. Woods about a returned check of $50.00 (plus an additional $10.00 fee for returned check). Mr. Woods to follow up with parent. As of March 2, 2017, this is issue continues to be outstanding.
- 10% of all fundraisers moving forward will go to the uniform fund.
There was no further discussion or questions regarding the Treasurer’s Report
High School Banquet
- Date: 06-May-2017.
- Union Temple FWB Church
Motion – Mr. Woods
2nd Motion – Angelique Gass
- Capacity up to 350
- Use of venue – Donation
- Mr. Woods to notify church
- Catered by : Firehouse BBQ
- Firehouse Catering Agreement with number of people needs to be completed by April 21, 2107 (Mr. Woods is requesting an extension of April 28, 2017).
- Firehouse Catering and North Greene Band to finalize number of people and details by May 1, 2017.
- Firehouse Catering and Banquet Committee to conduct walkthrough of venue by May 5, 2017 between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Tanya Jones to contact Ms. Hughes about walkthrough date and time and decorations.
- Menu: Pulled pork, Chicken, baked beans, green beans, tea, and unsweet tea
- Band Boosters to discuss desserts at April Band Booster Meeting.
- Recommendation was made to use any leftover cheesecakes.
- Additional foods discussed: Cole Slaw, Macaroni and Cheese, Desserts to be provided by Band Boosters
- Cost: $12.00 per person
- Pre-sale tickets (High School Students Not Required to Pay for Dinner) – Mr. Woods has form
- Theme: Decades
- Banquet Forms – Mr. Woods to hand out March 10, 2017 to students.
- Banquet Announcement – Mr. Woods to announce date and time of banquet at the Spring Concert on April 27, 2017. Forms will be at the banquet so parents can complete.
- Decoration Committee to determine a date and time to decorate for the banquet at the April Band Booster Meeting.
Middle School Banquet
- Date: 05-May-2017
- 3 sheet cakes are to be ordered (1 per school) from Food City
- Tanya Jones will order a cake for each school. Cakes to be made per each school colors.
- Mr. Woods to check the concession stand for plates and flatware.
- Mr. Woods to ask middle school parents to donate chips and drinks. He will be sending a letter to parents reminding them of the Middle School 10 for 10 Fundraiser dated March 21, 2017. In that letter, he will request donations for the middle school banquet chips and drinks.
- Band Boosters to serve
- Servers to be identified at April Band Booster Meeting
- Band Boosters to donate/buy chips and drinks
- Remind Me App – The app was discussed in September. The app is tool that would be used as a communication source for band boosters. Mr. Woods was to follow up with Mr. Rosenbalm. No updates at March Band Booster Meeting.
- The Yankee Candle fundraiser for high school began February 3, 2017 and the middle schools began February 10, 2017. All money must be turned in by March 3, 2017.
- Tanya and Angel consolidated orders on March 3, 2017. Orders totaled $1,844.00.
- Money turned into Melody on March 5, 2017.
- Angel to Fedex orders to Yankee Candle Company. Fedex picked up package on March 8, 2017 from Angel’s residence.
- The Middle School 10 for 10 will be conducted March 21, 2017.
- Mr. Woods to follow up with Mrs. Weems, the North Greene High School Principal.
- Mr. Woods is scheduling a pizza party along with the fundraiser.
- Pizza will be ordered on the day of the fundraiser.
- Volunteer needed to pick up pizzas in town.
- Ruritan dates have been received for Spring &Summer. The band boosters receive $150.00 each time they serve a meal during the Ruritan meeting.
- Thursday, June 15, 2017
- Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Menu: 3 vegetables, bread, dessert, sugar free dessert, drinks (regular and diet)
- Mandi Mitchell is the contact for the Ruritan. Jamie should have Mandi’s phone number.
- Krispy Kreme –
- Cards Remaining: 90 Krispy Kreme cards to sell
- Boosters paid $8.00 each for the cards and are trying to sell them for $15-16 each. There was conversation to sell at a lower cost. Any money obtained is all profit.
- Wal-Mart and Lowe’s said no to setting up tables outside of their businesses.
- Recommendation made at March Band Booster Meeting to sell cards, at a discount, to students.
- Parent Communication Letter recommended to be sent out to parents by Mr. Woods. The following items would be included in the letter.
- Outstanding Dues – Fair Shares, Music Doctors, Spring Trip, and so forth.
- Spring Trip
- Krispy Kreme Cards
- 10 for 10 Middle School Fundraiser
- Ruritan Fundraiser Volunteers for Meals and Serving
- Business Donations
Motion – Nikki Pierce
2nd Motion – Crissy Riner
- Butter Braids
- Date: April 7 through April 21, 2017
- Mr. Woods to contact Butter Braids representative to discuss fundraiser and turn-around time of butter braids.
- Band Booster to vote/review at April Band Booster Meeting.
- Tumblers – Mr. Woods has the proof for the design or the data to support the fundraiser. The boosters have not voted on the fundraiser. Mr. Woods to check on profit. The Band Boosters discussed selling using a pre-order form. The fundraiser will be discussed again in April.
- Road blocks – Baileyton allows 2 per year (Spring/Fall) and Greeneville allows 1 per year. The Chamber of Commerce in Greeneville and The Baileyton Town Hall needs to be contacted to set the date.
- Baileyton Road Block Date: April 22, 2017
- Tanya to call Baileyton Town Hall
- Road Block Time: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Kyle Gorbksi checking his calendar to see if he can participate. Mr. Woods is not able to participate that day.
- If yard sale is to be held at the same time, Melody has all of the yard sale items in her attic or storage building.
- Donations to be placed in Uniform Fund
- Chick Fil A Sandwich, Regular Chips, and Water Fundraiser
- Presale meals
- Meals delivered
- Band Boosters to donate chips and water
- Minimum order quantity is 50
- 50% profit
- Meals are $5.00 each
- Plan is to sale meals to teachers and local businesses in March. March 14, 2017 is a date that Boosters is targeting.
- Profit is to be placed into the Uniform Fund
Motion – Nikki Pierce
2nd Motion – Crissy Riner
Uniform Form/Fund – Boosters are contacting local businesses for donations on the uniform fund.
- 6 months for uniform company to turn order around
- Design is almost finalized
- Band students need to be fitted
- Need to push to get money by March/April
Trailer Logo – Two designs reviewed in March 2017
- Signs Plus
- 4×6 logo
- 1 Side is $190.00
- 2 Sides are $380.00
- Morristown Signs
- Sides – $1,260.00 (2 Sides)
- Front – $270.00
- Back – $270.00
- Trailer size: 160×59
- Discussed size of business logos for trailer
- No vote has occurred on the logo
- Where: New York City
- Date(s): March 24 through 27, 2017
- Mr. Woods to review dress code for trip.
- Parent Trip Meeting with Mr. Woods on March 17, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. in the Band Room
- Trip handout is located on desk outside of Mr. Wood’s office.
- 87 people have turned in their deposit for the trip, including Mr. Woods and Kyle. This number allows two buses to go to NYC.
- Payment schedule
- $100.00 due by 20-Jan-2017
- $120.00 due by 17-Feb-2017
- Remaining balance due 17-Mar-2017
- Meet at North Greene High School 12:00 a.m.
- Depart for New York at 1:00 a.m.
- Date: March 23 (during the school day)
- Time: 9:00 a.m. warm-up and 9:40 a.m. perform
- Where: Niswonger Performing Arts Center (NPAC)
- Cost: $160.00
- Paid out of school account. Melody wrote check back to North Greene High School during the March Band Booster Meeting
- Date: April 27, 2017
- Where: Niswonger Performing Arts Center (NPAC)
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Trailer & Instruments: Jason Gass to pull trailer and instruments to NPAC
North Greene High School Graduation
- Date: May 20, 2017
- Where: Tusculum College
- When: 12:00 p.m.
- Trailer & Instruments: Jason Gass to pull trailer and instruments to Tusculum College
Trophy shelf – Mr. Woods to contact Lowe’s to see about them donating the materials needed for the shelf. Previous band member parents offered to donate time to make more shelves (Wilbur and Angel). Mr. Woods may also ask about uniform donation during the call. Paint, wood, and mounting materials are needed. The Band Boosters will vote in March if there is a cost that needs to be paid by the boosters.
Band shirt – order forms rescheduled for August or September. No discussion in March 2017.
- Concession Stand Sponsors – Mr. Woods to discuss with Mrs. Weems.
- Concession Stand Outside Lights – Lights do no work. Mr. Woods to follow up with Mrs. Weems.
- Niswonger Foundation – Nikki to contact the Niswonger Foundation for a uniform donation.
- The Band Perry – Mr. Woods to contact Chuckey Doak High School (CDHS) Band director about a The Band Perry giving a donation for band uniforms. There is a contact at CDHS.
- Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood – Nikki to contact a Baileyton resident who has connections to Garth and Trisha.
- Coffee Fundraiser – $5.00 to $8.00 per bag briefly discussed.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:25 pm.
Next meeting will be held on Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 6:00 pm in the North Greene High School Band Room. All band parents are encouraged to attend.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Angelique Gass, Vice President.