Remind App

Sign up with our remind app very easily by texting @nghsband to 81010

Band Assistant

We’d like to give a warm welcome to our new band assistant, Alex Leonard

Tentative dates for competitions:


  • 07-Oct-2017:  Tennessee High
  • 14-Oct-2017:  John Battle
  • 21-Oct-2017:  Sullivan Central
  • 28-Oct-2017:  Science Hill

Important Documents

Our Bylaws

2017-18 Marching Band Contract.pdf
coming soon

Medical Release

July 2017 Band Booster Minutes

Print page

North Greene High School

Band Booster Meeting Minutes for July 2017


The meeting was called to order by President, Tanya Jones.

Time:  6:12 pm

Date:  06-Jul-2017

Place:  NGHS Band Room


  • Brandon Woods, Band Director
  • Alex Leonard, Band Assistant
  • Tanya Jones, President
  • Crissy Riner, Vice President
  • Samantha Brown, Treasurer
  • Lisa Laughters, Asst. Treasurer
  • Jamie Bartlett, Secretary
  • Cherie Cain
  • Marcia Phillippe
  • Nikki Pierce


Treasurer’s Report:

No Treasurer’s report was provided.  Mr. Woods reported that he had been contacted by Music Doctors today informing him that our bill for $757.91 was still outstanding.  Samantha has not been able to gain access to the account information at Capital Bank due to an error on the bank’s part of having officers sign a form with incorrect information.  Samantha brought another signature form to the meeting for officers to sign.  She will return the form to the bank on 07-Jul-2017 and obtain a copy of the latest statement for reconciliation.  It is hoped that the $757.91 listed on the May Treasurer’s Report will still be in the general fund.  Updated balance information will be provided at the August meeting.

  • As of 08-Jun-2017:
  •  Balance:  $21,646.58
    • Uniform Fund:  $20,390.22
    • General Fund:  $1,056.36
    • Cash Fund:  $200.00


    • Music Doctors:  $757.91 was paid since May booster meeting – *Pending account reconciliation by Samantha.

Old Business:

  • Ruritan Dinner will be held on 17-Aug-2017
    • Marcia suggested having breakfast for dinner, which was successful in the past.
    • Band members need to attend to serve the food and assist with clean-up.
    • More information will be provided at the August meeting.


  • Uniforms
    • The design has been finalized, and the person making the uniforms is currently working on a mock-up.  She did not provide any information on prices.  The mock uniform was supposed to take 3 weeks for completion, but it is still pending.  Mr. Woods to contact the uniform maker for an update.
    • Marcia stated that the uniform maker said it would take approximately 165 days from the date of the order for the uniforms to be finished.  The order will be placed after review of the mock uniform.


    • Show Shirts:  The design of the show shirt has not been completed.  Jamie suggested a theme of NGHS band through the years, which could be tied in with the 10th anniversary celebration and alumni band.  Mr. Woods still considering designs, including a general t-shirt with the NG shield that doesn’t mention the band, specifically.  An order form will be provided to the band members during the first week of band camp for themselves and family members to order.


    • Color Guard:  Tanya has been looking for potential outfits for the color guard.  It was mentioned that a mother of a color guard member should be involved in organizing the outfit fittings and potentially a fundraiser.  Carla Ryans (McKinley Ryans’ mom) was suggested as a potential organizer.  Tanya will invite her to attend the next band booster meeting.
      • 06-Jul-2017:  Carla Ryans has not been contacted as a potential organizer for the color guard.  Jamie sent Carla a message on Facebook on 07-Jul-2017 to see if she would be interested in organizing the guard.  She stated she would be willing to help.  Tanya is still working on potential outfits.


  • Fundraisers:
    • There are still ~12 Krispy Kreme cards to sell.  Several cards have been sold since the June meeting.
    • Fun and Games
      • The Fun and Games night has been scheduled for Thursday, 28-Sep-2017.   Mr. Woods still needs to get Mrs. Weems’ signature on the approval form, which will be done when she is back in town from vacation.
      • Waiting for confirmation that the event can be held at Brittontown Church, but that is the plan at this time.
      • Need 21 sponsors for baskets.  Sponsors will need to provide $55.00 for the price of each basket.  Sponsor commitments need to be submitted to Shelly Brown by 03-Aug-2017.
      • Shelly will print 150 tickets to be sold for $25.00 each.  A ticket provides a meal and 20 games.  The plan is to sell the tickets in August ahead of the planned cheesecake fundraiser in September.
      • Jamie checking with the TA truck stop to see if they will donate BBQ and buns.
    • Roadblocks
      • The date for the planned roadblocks in Baileyton and Greeneville is the same day at the Bristol race.  It was decided to hold off on the roadblocks until a later date.
    • Baileyton Days (08 through 10-Sep-2017)
      • The band members will provide face painting as a fundraiser at the event.  Tanya will obtain face painting supplies.  Crissy paid the vendor fee for the band.
      • The Baileyton Parade will be held on Saturday, 09-Sep-2017.  Parents are needed as volunteer face painters while the band members march in the parade.
      • It was also discussed to have generic North Greene t-shirts available for sale at the face painting booth.  No decision was made at the July meeting.
    • Stadium seats
      • Nikki looking into pricing for stadium seats embroidered with North Greene logo that could be sold by band members.  Not discussed at the July meeting.
    • Raffle
      • Cherie Cain asked if we could do a raffle at some point during the next year.  Discussion was held, but no decision was made.  To be discussed in more detail at a future meeting.  Not discussed at the July meeting.
    • Car decal and other North Greene paraphernalia
      • Cheri Cain asked if it would be possible to sell car decals for band parents.  Discussion was held and included sales of other types of North Greene paraphernalia.  No decisions were made.  To be discussed in more detail at a future meeting.  Not discussed at the July meeting.
    • Tumblers
      • Tumbler sales were discussed briefly.  Mr. Woods spoke to the sales rep at the end of school.  It will cost $548.00 for 48 tumblers, which needs to be paid up-front.  We would sell the tumblers for $12.00 each.  A suggestion was presented to sell the tumblers at the concession stand with hot chocolate or another drink and offer free refills with the purchase of the tumbler.  No decision was made on moving forward with the tumbler fundraiser.  More discussion may be held at a future meeting.  Not discussed at the July meeting.
  • Band Camp  (10-14-Jul-2017, 24-28-Jul-2017)
    • Parent volunteers are needed throughout band camp to assist with distributing water to the band members during the day, clean-up after the camp is over each day, and general assistance to Mr. Woods and the band.  Please come to the band camp any time you are available to assist during the day or at 5:00 pm to help with clean up.
    • There will be a mandatory parent meeting held on the last day of band camp, 28-Jul-2017.  Presentations will be made by Mr. Woods and Nikki Pierce.  Information will be provided on events planned for the year and general band updates.  Requests will be made for parent volunteers to sign up for dates to work the concession stand during football games.  Parent meeting will begin at 5:45 pm.  Band performance for the parents will begin directly after the meeting.
    • The boosters will feed the band members during the meeting while the parents listen to the presentation.  Menu will be hot dogs, chips, watermelon, and water.  Jamie to see if TA truck stop will donate hot dogs and buns.
  • Trailer logo:  For the record:  There have been two quotes obtained.  Signs Plus will do a 4 x 6 logo; 1 side for $190.00, 2 sides for $380.00.  Morristown Signs will do two sides for $1,260.00 – Front $270.00, Back $270.00.  Trailer size = 160 x 59.  Not discussed at the July meeting.


  • Trophy shelf:  Mr. Woods still needs to contact Lowes regarding donation of the materials.  Former band member parents offered to donate time to make more shelves (Wilbur and Angel).  Paint, wood, and mounting materials are needed.  Not discussed at the July meeting.
  • Concession Stand:  All discussion tabled to next meeting.  Not discussed at the July meeting.  Nikki asked Tanya to provide a list of the food and drink items sold during the last football season for discussion at August meeting.  Expect for 6 people needed to work the concession stand per game.
  • Instrument Transportation for Fall:  The band needs 6-7 parents to rotate pulling instruments to ballgames, competitions, concerts, parades, and graduation for the upcoming year.   Nikki to present information to parents at end of band camp meeting.
  • Alumni Recognition:  The next alumni meeting will be held at NGHS on Thursday, 13-Jul-2017, at 5:30 pm.  Looking at 13-Oct-2017 game for alumni recognition event.
  • NGHS Band 10th Anniversary:  Looking for ways to celebrate the anniversary.  Previous discussion was held on purchasing and selling t-shirts with the money raised to be awarded to a senior as a scholarship.  A committee would be selected to oversee the selection process.  The committee should be comprised of members not affiliated with the band program at NGHS.  Not discussed at July meeting.
  • Middle School parent contact list:  Mr. Woods still needs to get the middle school parent contact list to Nikki.
  • Remind app:  Jamie set up a Remind classroom for the NGHS Band.  She is collecting information to add parents to the group now.  A paper with instructions for signing up will be handed out during the parent meeting on 28-Jul-2017.
  • A band assistant was hired, Alex Leonard.

New Business:

  • Cheesecake fundraiser will kick off 18-Sep-2017.


  • Tentative dates for competitions:
    • 07-Oct-2017:  Tennessee High
    • 14-Oct-2017:  John Battle
    • 21-Oct-2017:  Sullivan Central
    • 28-Oct-2017:  Science Hill


  • Senior Banners
    • Nikki checked into senior banners for the band members that can be placed on the fence at the football games alongside the players and cheerleaders.
    • Each banner would cost $60.00.  Parents would pay for their child’s banner.  They get to keep the banner at the end of the season.
    • Nikki suggested selling Chick-fil-A sandwiches for lunch two days during Band Camp to raise funds to help off-set the cost of the banners.  Lisa to see if she can help organize the Seniors for the fundraiser.  Sandwiches would cost $5.00 each.  Band makes $2.50 profit off each sandwich.  Chips and cookies would need to be donated.  Band members could drink water provided for practice.


  • Fair Share
    • Paperwork for Fair Share will go out Monday, 10-Jul-2017.  Request is for $100.00 for each band member.  A suggestion was made that band members unable to pay the full amount might help with loading equipment, etc, to help off-set their fee.  Members can also pay in installments.


Meeting Adjourned:

The meeting was adjourned at 7:06 pm.


Next meeting will be held on Thursday, 03-Aug-2017, at 6:00 pm in the NGHS Band Room.  All band parents are encouraged to attend.

Minutes respectfully submitted by Jamie Bartlett, Secretary.

Spread the love