North Greene High School
Band Booster Meeting Minutes for December 2017
The meeting was called to order by President, Tanya Jones.
Time: 6:10 pm
Place: NGHS Band Room
- Alex Leonard, Band Assistant
- Tanya Jones, President
- Crissy Riner, Vice President
- Samantha Brown, Treasurer
- Cherie Cain
- Marcia Phillippe
- Pat Winstead
- Nikki Pierce
Samantha Brown provided the Treasurer’s Report. Account balances listed below.
As of 07-Dec-2017:
- Starting Balance: $33,751.36
- Ending Balance: $24,307.94
- Uniform Fund: $11,669.85
- General Fund: $12,388.09
- Alumni Scholarship Fund: $250.00
- Cash: $200.00
- Three checks have not cleared out of the general fund, yet:
- Music: $1,600.00
- Music Doctors: $597.88
- Show Shirts: $1,170.95
- $180.00 of this amount is for staff shirts, which will be reimbursed by staff members
- 20 students have still not paid their fair share fee of $100.00.
- Discussion was held on sending a paper out for the Christmas concert and the fair share fee at the same time. Also discussed sending a paper home for the parents letting them know that any band member that does not pay their fair share fees will not be allowed to go on the spring trip.
- The band just received an invoice for the bus fare for taking the students to Chilhowee for competition. The fee for Chilhowee was $245.07. Estimating that the total for all transportation to competitions will be around $1,000.00.
- The debit card was hacked, and a charge of $361.08 was applied from the Apple Store. Samantha has contacted the bank. As soon as the charge is processed, they will refund the money. That card has been cancelled and a new one had been ordered.
- Uniforms have been ordered and the deposit has been paid.
- Alex mentioned hanging one of the uniform jackets at the Christmas concert to see if anyone would be interested in purchasing one.
- Marcia has washed all uniform jackets and they have been put away.
- Spring Trip:
- The Spring Trip framework should be ready before the concert, so that a rough estimate can be provided that night to the parents.
- Christmas Concert Dinner and Silent Auction – 12-Dec-2017
- Call time for the kids will be 5:00 pm. They will eat at that time, then start working with Mr. Woods and Alex beginning at 5:30 pm.
- Dinner will be served to the public from 5-7 pm.
- Hot Dogs and Buns
- Baked Potatoes
- Auction Items:
- Baileyton basket- Lisa Laughters is going to take charge of – Movie Themed
- Ottway basekt- Snowman Themed
- West Pines basket- Cookies/Baking Themed
- 9TH grade basket-Christmas Themed
- 10th grade basket- Gift Card/Stationary/Journal Basket
- 11th grade basket- Bath Themed
- 12th grade basket- Men’s/Carwash Themed
- Organic food basket with $15.00 Food City gift card
- Stadium chair
- UT orange lap quilt
- Corn hole boards that will be raffled off
- During the concert, more information will be provided to the attendees about the remind app, spring trip, and fair share fees.
- Jamie provided Alex and Mr. Woods with the log-on information for the Remind app.
- Mr. Woods and Alex are working on a “wish list” of things that the band is in need of detailed with prices. The prices however will be quoted on the high end. – Not discussed during the December meeting.
- The concession stand needs to be cleaned and we need to start looking for a new refrigerator
- A date to clean will be decided at the next booster meeting
- Marcia has been working on the trophy shelves in the band room. Lowes will not completely donate the material for the shelves. Marcia is going to donate the remainder of what Lowes will not provide, and her son will be putting the shelves up in the band room.
- Alex would like to be more involved in the website. He is going to talk to Mr. Rosenbalm about that. Jamie (during the course of typing the minutes) will let Alex know that it is Dale Trombley that is in charge of the website, still, and she will provide Alex with Dale’s email address, so he can reach out to him.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:10 pm.
Next meeting will be held on Thursday, 04-Jan-2018, at 6:00 pm in the NGHS Band Room. All band parents are encouraged to attend.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Jamie Bartlett, Secretary.